Re: select...limit??..in oracle

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 2 Apr 2001 14:42:01 GMT

>> How can I perform :
>> SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE ... LIMIT offset, rows
>>
>> in oracle....any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
>
>Could you re-ask your question and clarify what you are trying to
>accomplish. The verbiage is not understood.

I think he wants to limit the result set to the records between rownum = offset and rownum = rows.

If so, a solution might be:

Select foo from bar where rowid = (
  select rowid from bar where rownum <= rows+offset     minus
  select rowid from bar where rownum < rows )

hope I got the <= and < right...

Rene

--
Rene Nyffenegger