"ORACLE" won't go away as password for INTERNAL!!!

From: PC User <seeMessage_at_NOSPAM.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:27:09 GMT

Hi,

I am running Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows 2000 server (SP/1).

I have noticed that no matter what I do, the default password for Internal (i.e. "oracle") is *always* valid.

Following is what I have tried:
alter user sys identified by syssecret

<I stopped the Oracle before I deleted and recreated the password file using orapwd. >
orapwd file=pwdorcl.ora password=intsecret entries=5

Following is what happens after above commands... Password "syssecret" is valid for user Sys. --what follows is realy interesting--
Password "syssecret" is valid for user Internal. *AND* Password "intsecret" is valid for user Internal. *AND* ***** Password "oracle" is valid for user Internal.

Of the last three, Internal accepting Sys' password makes sense as Sys and Internal are supposed to share the password. But, HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS "oracle" PASSWORD?

Thanks and Regards,
Nasir.
nasirnoor_at_REMOVETHISsysspan.com Received on Sat Mar 31 2001 - 11:27:09 CST