difference between 8-PE and 8i-/Ent??

From: Kirk <no_at_email.adress>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 10:13:52 +0930

Hello,
As I am new to Oracle I am not aware of all the differences of 8i (personal vs Enterprise) I have looked at the online documentation but to me it reads mostly as advertising.
The 8.1.7 personal Ed download for NT is about the same size as the Enterprise version. But the W98 version is only 1/3 the size? I really just need a version with the ability to use forms/reports and java programming support (on a desktop pc). Can anyone please recommend a appropriate version to download?
Also, which operating system do you think is best to use it on- Win98, WinNT(I have only workstation 4), or Win2000 Thanking you in advance
Kirk. Received on Sat Mar 31 2001 - 18:43:52 CST