Re: Oracle DBA training

From: Dave Francis <d_a_francis_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:39:15 +0100

Hi Daniel -

Actually, I`m one of the few database trainers in the UK with production experience ( see my ad elsewhere on this newsgroup.) Have to agree with you there ! The standard Oracle DBA admin course normally taught in the UK is about 8 days, though some training companies compress it into 4 !!!!!!! - being unwilling to release critical staff for longer. Yes, you`ll end up with a grounding and a basic knowledge, but to achieve the intended result - to be able to competantly administer a DB server, takes..... quite a bit longer !!!!

I certainly got a shock in my first job after training..... ;-))))))

Dave