Re: Oracle CLOBs as SP Parameters

From: Mike Fotiou <mfotiou_at_magma.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:22:09 GMT

Daniel,

  A couple of questions regarding your implementation:

  1. How is the CLOB defined in your ADO Command Parameter - I'm using adVarChar with a size of approximately 2 billion characters
  2. How do you handle the CLOB on the stored procedure side of things? A simple insert statement or a DBMS_LOG.WRITE? The docs state that the WRITE procedure only handles up to a max of around 32 K of characters. What if the CLOB is larger than that?

Any elaboration on the techniques you are using would be really appreciated.

Mike

Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3AC5A7C9.30BE0EE2_at_exesolutions.com...
> > Has anyone been able to successfully pass a large amount of text as CLOB
 IN
> > parameter into an Oracle 8i stored procedure and use the parameter to
 update
> > a CLOB field in the database?
> >
> > I'm using VB and ADO along with Oracle 8i and the Oracle OLE DB
 provider,
> > but even an SP calling another SP example would be relevant.
> >
> > This one has thrown me for a loop!
> >
> > Oracle CLOBs as SP Parameters
>
> I am currently passing CLOBS into Oracle packages from an XML middle tier.
 It is