Re: Newbie: Oracle & RAID

From: Dave Francis <d_a_francis_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:35:41 +0100

Have a look at OFA - Oracle Flexible Architecture - to get an idea of how an Oracle database should be optimally distributed across multiple spindles (disks).

Also, bear in mind that RAID theoretically has a performance cost - depends how good your controller is - really, any number of factors. However, in my experience, the situation rarely arises that the database is copied over to a non RAID system, so you can`t make comparisons. Most performance issues on an Oracle system can be traced to other issues than hardware......

Dave