what is this error in 8i?

From: bullseye <bullseye35_at_deletethefunnies@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:09:42 GMT

When WIN2k is booting up, I initially get this error:

"ORACLE.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log has been created."

The error below shows up after I launch SQL Plus and enter username and password. I am unable to log on.

ERROR
ORA-12560: TNS: protocol adapter error

I am on a pentium III machine running Windows 2000 SP1 with 512 meg RAM. Received on Fri Mar 30 2001 - 10:09:42 CST