Error running SQLPLUS after changing $ORACLE_BASE

From: Sri <schebrol_at_camail.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:04:10 -0500

We have Oracle installed under /users/oracle/.../.. . In the process of moving oracle
home to some other directory, I have made a softlink /opt/oracle pointing to
/users/oracle which is the $ORACLE_BASE. After modifying the .profile and
other environment settings to point to /opt/oracle, I have shutdown the server and
listener and started them with new settings.

I am able to use svrmgrl and connect internal and select from any v$tables.
But when I tried to use sqlplus uname/passwd_at_sid, sqlplus returns error ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

I am getting the same error from any client machine. I have 8.0.5 running on
SunSolaris. I have changed settings back to original installation directory in .profile,
and restarted oracle everything is working fine. Before I move the oracle home,
I would like to have server running with new softlink.

Could someone pls tell me what else has to be modified to make the new softlink
to ORACLE_BASE working.

Thanks,

Sri Received on Fri Mar 30 2001 - 10:04:10 CST