Solaris and OCI

From: Ajay K. Agrawal <ajaykagrawal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:31:28 -0800

I am beginning to port my Windows/OCI work to Solaris/OCI. On Windows, if I install the Oracle Client 8.16 (Programmers), the oci include files, libraries, samples are under the directory: <drive>:\Oracle\Ora81\oci

Under Solaris the oci directory seems to be \u00\app\oracle\product\8.1.6\rdbms\demo (again installing the Oracle Client 8.16 found with the Oracle 8i Enterprise edition). Is this correct? Why would the oci headers files be under a "demo" directory?

Also does oracle ship a "platform sdk" for oci which only has oci header files, libraries.

Thanks!

Ajay Agrawal Received on Fri Mar 30 2001 - 19:31:28 CST