Re: Problems with dynamic SQL in Oracle.

From: John Russell <johnrussell10_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:58:13 GMT

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:55:21 -0700, "John Peterson" <johnp_at_azstarnet.com> wrote:
>Thanks for your help, and I'll look for "ref cursor", whatever that is.
>Hmmm...scanning this newsgroup over the past several days, I don't see any
>instances of this question. Could you point me to one of these examples?

Well, it isn't the most prominent term in the Oracle docs. Usually ref cursors are used in conjunction with cursor variables, so let's look at them both:

http://tahiti.oracle.com/pls/tahiti/tahiti.generic_report?search=ref+cursor%7Ccursor+variable&search2=

The link "defining ref cursor types" under Tasks gives a decent intro.

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: