Restoring a dump created by "exp".

From: John Peterson <johnp_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:13:19 -0700

Hello!

I have Oracle 8.1.7 running on Windows 2000 Professional and I have been handed a dump file of an Oracle schema that was generated using the "exp" command-line utility.

I would like to restore this dump file (using "imp", presumably), but I'm not sure what I need to do before I try "imp". I suspect that I need to first create an empty schema, but I don't really know how to go about doing that. Does the dump file contain everything that Oracle would "need to know" to create the schema if I just try and "imp" it?

Thanks for any insight! :-)

John Peterson Received on Thu Mar 29 2001 - 19:13:19 CST