Re: SQL REQ: counting data and multiple tables

From: Steve Bell <swayne.bell_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:35:12 GMT

Hi Alex,

I posted a reply to this when you were asking how to do it with a view..

Here's an example syntax:

Hi,
This is one of the main benefits of a view. Here's a sample using DEPT and EMP tables..just adapt it to your tables. You'll need an alias for the count( ) column...

 create view deptemp as
 select d.deptno,d.dname,count(e.empno) EMPLOYEES  from emp e, dept d
 where e.deptno = d.deptno
 group by d.deptno,d.dname

SQL> SELECT * FROM DEPTEMP
  2 ;