creating the initial oracle database

From: Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe_at_realtime.co.uk>
Date: 28 Mar 2001 11:57:39 +0100

Hi all,

I've completed an Oracle installation, but it has not created an initial database.

I need to know how to do this, and the problem that I currently have is too much documentation. I really just want to know where to start.

I have several CD's all with Docs on them. I can't find the section that covers setting up the initial database as well as start / stop scripts to start all of the required services at boot time.

Is there a simplified site on the web somewhere that goes through how to do this? I just want a link or the name of which Document I should be reading....

Thanks :(

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe_at_realtime.co.uk