OCI7 application and V8 database on same NT box

From: Eugene Firyago <efiryago_at_netivitysolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:33:02 -0500

I have a third-party OCI7 application running against pretty large (about 20GB) V7.3.4 database both resided on a single NT4 box (in the same single ORACLE_HOME of course). Now I have a task to migrate the database to V8.x but retaining the OCI7 app running on the same box. I created a small testing system prototype on a separate NT machine. The OCI7 application just stops working with V7 database right after V8.1.7 software got installed in separate ORACLE_HOME without creating any new V8 database instance. I didn't make any changes to the NT registry after V8 installation nor before it (everything comes by default). SQL*Net is not used as well (databse listener is not started for connectivity). The app configuration still points to V7 ORACLE_HOME with OCI7. Did anybody make that configuration running on single NT box?

Sorry, but two-box configuration separating OCI7 from V8 database would be a proven and working solution but is not an option at this time (not affordable).

Thanks
Eugene. Received on Wed Mar 28 2001 - 10:33:02 CST