Re: Oracle 8i for Linux

From: Steve Benjamin <benjamin7_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:50:11 -0500

I also have the same book and enterprise edition CD. I am installing under Red Hat 7.
Sounds like you may have a problem with the .bash_profile changes (page 19 in my book). You must be careful to do this logged in as the Oracle user, then sign off and on again as the Oracle user to include the changes. I had problems early on by not keeping root and oracle operations separate, as outlined in the book.

However, I have been battling with this software for about two weeks, also with a problem in DBConfiAsst. It goes until 80% finished then stops, as soon as it gets to database initialization stage. Please, folks, has anyone got the software included in this book to work (ie has overcome these problems)?

Thanks.