SQL/SQL*Plus Question

From: Ryan Hare <rhare_at_fhcrc.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:08:31 -0800

I know there should be a simple and obvious answer to this, but for the moment it's driving me a bit batty. I need to update an Oracle table with a field that contains an apostrophe, something like:

update table.tmp_bad_restaurants

   set name = 'Burt's Taco Palace'
 where restid = 567;

Of course SQl*Plus will choke on the apostrophe as I've written it. I know there must be comething that will force a literal string in Oracle, but I can't remember it and I'm not finding it in the documentation I have.

Someone, please, nudge my memory.

Ryan Received on Tue Mar 27 2001 - 17:08:31 CST