Oracle Installation Error

From: Mike Layng <mlayng_at_micromine.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:27:54 +0800

Hi,

I am attempting to install Oracle Standard Edition 8.1.7 on a Windows 2000 platform. The installation appears to run OK, but whenever I try to connect to the database I get an error saying "shared memory realm not available".

Oracle 8.1.6 was running fine on the same machine. I originally tried to install 8.1.7 over the top. On getting the "shared memory realm no available" error, I de-installed Oracle from the machine, rebooted, and then installed 8.1.7 afresh.

Can anyone shed some light on the "shared memory realm" and how I might trace the problem. As you can probably tell I have limited Oracle DBA experience.

Thanks,
Mike. Received on Tue Mar 27 2001 - 18:27:54 CST