binds and pinning...

From: MSarkozi <msarkozi_at_aol.comnojunk>
Date: 28 Mar 2001 02:59:19 GMT

Learned Oracle masters.....(and anyone else who can point a finger),  I am improving the performance of a Datawarehouse DB at Solaris 8.0 and Oracle 8.16.
I am investigating the possibility of increasing performance by some set of table pinning or binds. I am trying to decide what is feasible in terms of percentage of memory to 'tie up'. I am wondering whether if is feasible for example to, pin a table before a load, unpin the table after the load is complete and move on to the next load. Would anyone have any whitepapers, best practices....that could give me guidance in these areas? I have much to learn so fundamentals are fine as well.

Regards,
Miki Received on Tue Mar 27 2001 - 20:59:19 CST