Table design and not null columns

From: Teresa Huntsman <thuntsma_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:26:29 -0600

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Is it true that good table design has all the "not null" columns first in the create statement with nullable columns following? Someone told me that they thought this allows for more efficient data storage and data retrieval. I couldn't find any information about this. Received on Mon Mar 26 2001 - 13:26:29 CST