Re: iFS: Supported File-Types

From: Ralf Zwanziger <goldensurfer_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:08:13 GMT

Hi Christian,

>can anybody tell me where I can find a listing of the file-types,
>which are supported by iFS together with the full-text-search and
>full-text-indexed of intermedia?

maybe on otn (technet.oracle.com)
I know iFS indexes:

- all known M$Office document formats (word, excel, powerpoint, works)
- PDF
- "plain ascii" formats such as textfiles, html, rtf

iFS does not index StarOffice files :-(

There's a view telling which file formats iFS "knows", but I don't think that it can't index all those files - at least not the images:

SELECT mimetype, extension, name
FROM odmv_format;

...gives you a list of 32 entries:

MIMETYPE                       EXTENSION NAME

------------------------------ --------- -------------------------
application/octet-stream       bin       Unknown Binary

text/plain                     txt       Text

application/msword             doc       MS Word

application/wordperfect5.1     wpd       Word Perfect

application/vnd.ms-excel       xls       MS Excel

application/pdf                pdf       PDF

text/html                      htm       HTML

image/tiff                     tif       TIFF

image/gif                      gif       GIF

image/jpeg                     jpg       JPEG

audio/basic                    au        Basic audio

audio/wav                      wav       Microsoft Wave Audio

video/mpg                      mpg       MPEG

video/quicktime                mov       Apple Quicktime

video/x-msvideo                avi       Microsoft AVI

application/vnd.ms-powerpoint  ppt       Microsoft PowerPoint

application/x-msworks-wp       msw       MS Works

application/x-msaccess         msa       MS Access

application/x-pc-paintbrush    pcx       PCX

x-world/x-vrml                 vrml      VRML

application/postscript         ps        Postscript

text/plain                     url       URL Reference

application/rtf                rtf       RichText

text/sgml                      sgml      Standard General Markup
Language
text/xml                       xml       Extensible Markup Language

application/x-zip-compressed   zip       Zip

audio/mid                      mid       MIDI

image/bmp                      bmp       Bitmap image

video/x-sgi-movie              movie     SGI Video

audio/mpeg                     mp3       MPEG Layer 3 Audio

text/html                      html      HTML unix

text/html                      jsp       JSP

Hope that helps.
Bye,
Ralf Received on Fri Mar 23 2001 - 09:08:13 CST