What is a TABLESPACE?

From: Wyvette Banks <gwbanks_at_att.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 05:31:31 GMT

Hi,

I am a novice in the Database world. What is a TABLESPACE, and when do I use it?

I was creating a Table in DB2 and it gave me two default choices for a TABLESPACE name:

  1. None
  2. USERSPACE1 What is happening if I choose None or if I choose USERSPACE1? I noticed this in Oracle as well, so image this is a DBMS thing.

Gil Received on Fri Mar 23 2001 - 23:31:31 CST