Re: Commits in Database Triggers

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:37:28 +0100

"bhogak" <bhogak_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:20010323.3241400_at_linux.local...
I know that we cannot use Commits/ Rollbacks in regular Database Triggers. I am planning to use a Trigger at Database Startup. (I am using Oracle 8i). I need to update my Job Control table inside this trigger.

How do I save my change if I don't use Commit?

Thx.
bhogak

Why don't you just use dbms_job?

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 23:37:28 CST