Re: ODBC problem: How to setup if my oracle client and oracle server are put together?

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:47:43 GMT

Oracle Client & Oracle Server together ? You mean you moved PHP and Apache onto the NT/2000 server ? Then you need to change the net8 configuration from something like TCP/IP to BEQUETH or change the TCP/IP adresse to localhost. It should work.

Hth.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:32:20 +0800, "¨þ¨þ" <jasondro_at_ms.chttl.com.tw> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
> I write a 3-tier web application:
>
>Web Server(Windows 98): PHP + Apache ---------- (Oracle Client)
>Database Server(Windows NT): Oracle DB -------------- (Oracle Server)
>
>And access DB by way of ODBC. It runs well. But now, I try to put
>them (Oracle Client & Oracle Server) together, that is, all run in the
>same "one" Windows NT/2000 server, it always shows the error message:
>"[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS: can't resolve service name"
>I don't know why! Because the tnsnames.ora & listener.ora & ODBC DSN
>are made in the same way! And, the "Oracle ODBC test" can pass the test,
>so........ Who may help me? Thanks!

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 00:47:43 CST