Designer 6.0 installation problems

From: Slaven Smojver <ssmojver_at_jagor.srce.hr>
Date: 21 Mar 2001 22:07:43 GMT

Hello!

While trying to install Oracle Designer 6.0 (to Win2000), I encountered some problems. First, I installed Oracle8i Enterprise Edition (8.1.5.), with all default parameters. Then I tried to install Oracle Designer. While the computer analyzed existing configuration, an error message appeared stating that "Oracle Net8 client does not support multiple installations..." therefore it could only be installed on OraHome8i as a target location. But when I tried to set that as a target location, I got message stating that since it is already used, it cannot be a home for 'nt'.

I tried installing first Designer, and then Enterprise Edition, but something else got messed up. And I couldn't find anything helpful in the installation documents. So can anybody help me with this? I never worked with Oracle before, so I might be overseeing something trivial.

Thanx!

Slaven Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 16:07:43 CST