ODBC problem: How to setup if my oracle client and oracle server are put together?

From: ¨þ¨þ <jasondro_at_ms.chttl.com.tw>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:32:20 +0800

Hello everyone,

    I write a 3-tier web application:

Web Server(Windows 98): PHP + Apache ---------- (Oracle Client) Database Server(Windows NT): Oracle DB -------------- (Oracle Server)

And access DB by way of ODBC. It runs well. But now, I try to put them (Oracle Client & Oracle Server) together, that is, all run in the same "one" Windows NT/2000 server, it always shows the error message: "[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS: can't resolve service name" I don't know why! Because the tnsnames.ora & listener.ora & ODBC DSN are made in the same way! And, the "Oracle ODBC test" can pass the test, so........ Who may help me? Thanks! Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 21:32:20 CST