about the REPLACE function in PL/SQl:newbie here

From: <_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:44:00 GMT

Hello:

I am trying to create a PL/SQL block to select ename into a PL/SQL variable.
In the PL/SQL variable I have to replace every I or i with a *.

How can I do this?

I know the syntax is: SELECT REPLACE ('YYY', 'YY', 'P') from table_name.

But I don't know to code this in the BEGIN block, ie,

DECLARE
        v_name emp.ename%TYPE;
BEGIN

            SELECT ename
            FROM emp
            INTO v_name;

        SELECT REPLACE ??????

END; Thanks so much for any clues. Received on Tue Mar 20 2001 - 23:44:00 CST