Re: uppercase/lowercase

From: PasirRis <jackling_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:57:46 +0800

e.g.
in the emp1 tbl:
there are 2 records:
RECORD A: supervisor_id of value = 'A01' RECORD C: supervisor_id of value = 'C01'

in the subquery,
(select u.emp_id from user u, userrole rm where u.userid = rm.userid), it returns 2 records: RECORD 1: emp_id of value = 'A01'
RECORD 2: emp_id of value = 'B01'

below is my current version of sql:

select t.supervisor_id
from emp1 t
where t.supvisor_id NOT IN
(select u.emp_id from user u, userrole rm where u.userid = rm.userid);

If I run this, no row is returned (but in fact, I am expecting it returns RECORD C to me)

If I modify the query a bit, changing it to a IN clause (rather than NOT IN clause), the result is logical: it returns RECORD A (because value of RECORD A matches RECORD 1)

There is no uppercase/lowercase mismatch in my case. thanks in advance,
jackling.

Frank ¼¶¼g©ó¤å³¹ <3att6.1398$GG4.38178_at_news1.oke.nextra.no>...