Access to Oracle

From: Dave <itsnotimportant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:20:25 GMT

Dear NG,

I am very comfortable writing databases in Access, but alas, I know that the overhead it carries does not fair well with large projects. So, we have decided to invest in Oracle. I know I could write the program in Access with little trouble, but the sheer number of records would blow the machine up (not literally, of course).

Is there a tool with or without Oracle that can convert the database from Access to Oracle? If so, how accurate is it?

On a secondary note, is creating a database in Oracle much different than creating one in Access (given that I create mine in Access not using the GUI interface very often -- I prefer SQL coding)?

I have not taken courses in Oracle, and am kind of going into this blindly. I know I'm probably in for a rollercoaster ride, but I don't have much choice. If at least I know what I am to expect, I'll feel slightly better.

Thanks for any help/advice you may have to provide.

Dave Received on Mon Mar 19 2001 - 14:20:25 CST