OCI calls with Oracle 8.1.6 compiler errors / seg fault

From: cathy gao <cgao_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:19:27 -0500

this is freddie and we have inherited bunch of c, and c++ apps that work well with oracle 8.0.4
and up to 8.1.5.1

we're planning dbms upgrade to 8.1.6.3 or even 8.1.6.2 but our initial tests confirm compiler errors
somewhat related to libclntsh.x.x. libraries.

i am in the sort of great pressure and dilemma now as i have just found out that these original
apps were single threaded and therefore written for non-multithreaded calls environment. and so far the issues only surfaced when oracle 8.1.6 came in the picture.

my env is as follows:

Solaris 2.7 (we're planning to downgrade to 2.6 hopefully to test if the problem will persists)

Oracle 8.1.5.1 (for upgrade to 8.1.6.3)

OCI 8.1.5 Sunworkshop c, c++ compilers

will greatly appreciate your advise. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEElp (:

tnx.

freddie Received on Mon Mar 19 2001 - 21:19:27 CST