Re: inserting a clob

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:11:44 -0800

> Can somebody give an example of a stored procedure
> for inserting a CLOB into a table. I cant work out how
> to do this.
>
> Just for an example, lets suppose we have the
> table MY_TABLE defined as
>
> col_1 varchar2
> col_2 varchar2
> col_clob clob

I think you may be overcomplicating this.

Read a CLOB into a variable defined as a CLOB. Then just insert it like a VARCHAR2 or NUMBER.

Look at the DBMS_LOB package for reading into the CLOB variable unless you are passing it in from the client or middle-tier.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Mar 19 2001 - 23:11:44 CST