Re: ODBC & Triggers

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:55:13 -0800

Any DBA that gives him that privilege deserves what they get. I started every new Oracle instance by dropping the default roles DBA, Resource, and Connect and creating my own roles to control this kind of activity. I have yet to figure out why anyone with the Connect privilege should be creating Database Links. I think Oracle has been very remise in making these roles available as defaults.

Daniel A. Morgan

> DBA's will just *love* you for creating triggers on the fly from a client
> tool like VB.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> "Mark" <mark_thomson_at_postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I have a problem trying to create a trigger from Visual Basic 6 on Oracle
 8
> > using the ODBC driver ver 8.0.5.10.0. I can create a trigger that inserts
> > values to a table but if I try and use the :old or :new values then the
 VB