Re: Create a new user

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:38:44 GMT

Theoretically you can create a new user with DROP ANY TABLE rights, but only if you have the rights yourself plus the right to create a new user and grant him the rights. So what is the point ? If you want to DROP ANY TABLE, why grant this to another user and then DROP ANY TABLE under his name ? The log (provided you have it) will log both the creation of the new user, the rights granted and who and the login and the DROP command. Easy to trace. So why do it ? Why is that a problem ? Give a thief a key or break into your own home ?

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:55:26 +0100, "Frank" <franjoe_at_frisurf.no> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>No it wasn't a question. I wanted to point out that someone could make such
>a user and having its password,
>and later log in to the database being able perform to sabotage.
>
>Frank

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Fri Mar 16 2001 - 13:38:44 CST