IF statement fails when it should no (PL/SQL)

From: don <chambers_at_inquiregroup.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2001 16:40:04 -0600

I have the folowing if statement:
IF (theDoc.SDNumber<>'') THEN
END IF; The values of theDoc.SDNumber is 'test'. I can verify this by throwing an exception that shows this value. I never get into the code in the if statement allthough theDoc.SDNumber IS NOT EQUAL TO '' (empty string).

What could cause this? Is there a different method for testing objects?
I also tried using != for not equal and got the same result.

Thanks,

   Don Received on Fri Mar 16 2001 - 16:40:04 CST