long data type

From: Mariano <mariano_at_airtel.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:02:30 +0100

I've a Long field in oracle.When I want INSERT into table and the bytes of this string is bigger than 2 or 3 kb aprox. this message is prompted.

     ORA-01704: string literal too long

How must do the insertion in this field?

P.D.
I normally need store in this field 500 or 600 kb(laws,legislation) and the manual explain that the field can store 2 Gb. Received on Fri Mar 16 2001 - 03:02:30 CST