Re: Help needed with Recovery-Catalog on Linux

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:14:38 +1100

I can not believe that this question keeps cropping up again and again and again. Is Deja.com still unuseable??

In Oracle 8.0 you ran catrman to create the catalog. In Oracle 8.1, you don't -you execute the 'create catalog' command from within RMAN itself. Accordingly in any 8.1+ database, catrman.sql does not exist, is not needed and I would suggest that you ensure that your Oracle documentation is of the same version as the actual software that you use.

(I would, however, concede readily that Oracle documentation can be wrong, big time).

In short, don't panic. Of course you can create the catalog, but not using the old Oracle 8.0, script-based techniques.

Regards