DB-Copy for testing on same machine...

From: R. Schicht <schicht_at_vie.ce.philips.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:26:31 +0100

Hello, i am using Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX!

I have to create a new instance for testing purposes on the same machine
-> no problem, i have done this already.

The final test-database should be a 1:1 copy of the original!

My first idea was a FULL-export of the DB and to import it into the test-DB.
But this is not possible, because the pathes of the files are hardcoded in the dumpfile.
So i tried to change all this pathes with a little sed-script -> the altered file was smaller than the original, even though the original path is shorter than the altered (Dumpfiles have a special fileformat...).!! It´s also not possible to edit a dumpfile with an editor.

Does anyone know a possibility to do a 1:1 copy on the same machine.

(My last chance is, to export all users with a USER-Export and import them, but this means to manual create all tablespaces and so on. I gladly would avoid this if possible!).

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

R. Schicht Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 09:26:31 CST