ORA-00227: corrupt block detected in controlfile

From: james <kdhakal_at_eline.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:26:38 GMT

hello! I am trying to copy database from one server to another by following process:

1. take a cold backup (datafiles, redologfiles, controlfile, initfile)
2. move above files to another machince.
3. change initfiles as needed.
4. startup mount.

but I got this error
  ORA-00227: corrupt block detected in controlfile: (block 1, # blocks 1)   ORA-00202: controlfile: '/u07/path1/control01.ctl' I first thought my backup is bad, but I am able to restore from coldbackups in the same machine
without any problem. It just, when I move those files to new machine throgh ftp and try to
starup mount I got the error. I have repeat above steps at least three times and every time I got
the same error. Could anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 15:26:38 CST