Views containing Multiple Table queries??

From: Adrian Quezada <anon_at_anon.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:47:28 -0800

HI All,

Is it possible to build a view that queries multiple tables, but still be able to access the view as if it was single table?

What I would to accomplish is a way that I can query my accounts table and then use the emp_id to determine how many enteries that emp_id has in another table. I am currently using multiple SQL statements:

For the Accounts table:
Select * from Accounts

To find the number of instances
select count(emp_id) from purchase where empid=(emp_id to look for);

It would be great if I could something like:

select * from EMPLOYEE_VIEW

and have it return:

Emp_id          Name          Count
11111           abc               20
22222           def                1
33333           ghi                20

Is this even possible? If not, what would be the best way to accomplish this with a single select statement?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 16:47:28 CST