Re: How do I get there

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:23:25 -0800

> So basically get any job and exploit it. I am getting a copy of NT 4
> Workstation, and have Oracle 8...I also have a Book on SQL, which
> doesn't look too tough so far. Is my work worth it? A lot of jobs just
> want some oracle experience. Knowing the market as you al l do, will I
> be able to convince someone with knowledge that I can do or have some
> Oracle experience, or do they absolutely need a prior job?

I don't know the answer to most of your questions. It depends on the position you apply for and who is interviewing you. I can tell you without a moment's hesitation you wouldn't get past the interview committee I serve on. Find someplace where you can get the opportunity to learn. Be patient. Put in a few years and study hard. Better to be slow and methodical than to be dumped unceremoniously out the door.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 00:23:25 CST