Oracle on Mandrake 7.2

From: fabienne hadkova <fh_at_q-bus.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:18:00 +0100

Hi
I tried to install Oracle 8.1.6 on a Mandrake 7.2. system (2.2 Kernel) During installation I got the following error-message:

Error in invoking target ioracle of makefile /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk

I got the option to 'force' the installation and when I try to connect with:

splplus, user: sys, password: change_on_install

I get the following error-message:

ERROR:
Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545

I found the ORA-12545 message and it said, that the database is not active. Although I am really new at Oracle, I suppose that the first database just didnt get initialised.

Do I understand this correctly and did anybody ever have the same problem and could help me with it?

I would appreciate very much

Thanks
Fabienne Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 11:18:00 CST