Re: Getting last rows

From: Kirill Paliy <kpaliy_at_aaanet.ru>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:34:42 +0300

In 8i you can execute such statement :

select id_col from
(select select ID_COL,rownum row_num from MYTABLE where mycondition order by ID_COL)
 where row_num < 100

In both 8i and 7 you can use more complex one:

select id_col from
(select select ID_COL,rownum row_num from MYTABLE where mycondition union select null id_col,null row_num from dual) where id_col is not null and row_num < 100

Last statement uses trick with implicit sorting in union. Of course, performance will be not so good.

"Azhdin" <flateric_at_freesurf.fr> wrote in message news:98iqod$7vr$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> Hello,
>
> how can i get the last rows from a select which have a rownum restriction
:

> Select ID_COL from MYTABLE where mycondition and rownum<100 order by
 ID_COL