Normal politeness

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:34:32 -0000

No-one dictates the rules for these groups. However we tend to work on the assumption that contributors are familiar with normal social etiquette. As Nuno pointed out your original curt goodbye to Howard fell short of that.

On the other hand I'm probably just whistling in the wind, since observation over the years suggests that those who use 'amusing' aliases invariably contribute less constructively than people who are big enough to be known personally.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA