Re: Question on conversion LONG RAW to BLOB

From: Dmitry <support_at_ispirer.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:35:31 +0200

As I understand table CR can have many sections and every section can have many files.

Old structure had relation: Table Field -> Section by section_id.

Where is a relation to Section in the new structure:

tb__CR_Attachment
cr_no (PK business generated)

appl_id (PK  business generated)
file_name
file_content BLOB
file_section

What do cr_no and appl_id fields mean?
Also which field in old structure shows relation between Field and CR_Attach?

Best regards, Dmitry.

--
www.ispirer.com - Database migration tools and services for Oracle and IBM
DB2.

"PWGSC/TPSGC" <Pascale.Panter_at_pwgsc.gc.ca> wrote in message news:3AACD802.77340806_at_pwgsc.gc.ca... Current tables (we just upgraded to Oracle8): Table CR cr_id (PKsystem-generated) appl_id cr_no Table Section section_id (PK system-generated) cr_id file_type Table Field field_id (PK system-generated) section_id file_section Table CR_Attach cr_id (PK system-generated) cr_no file_type file_name file_content LONG RAW As these database structure was poor, changes have to be made and tables Field and CR_Attach will now be in the same table: tb__CR_Attachment cr_no (PK business generated) appl_id (PK business generated) file_name file_content BLOB file_section One file_section may have may files (attachments) for one CR, a CR having more than one file_section (A, B, C, etc.) Hope this will help you to help me!