Re: A classic search issue.

From: Morten Primdahl <morten_at_caput.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:47:22 +0100

Thanks for the interesting reply William.

> If you know how you need to order the output, you can use an index to cause
> the results to be returned in order by default (i.e. without an ORDER BY)
> ... this is a bit of a cheat and theoretically could break in the future if
> the implementation changed, but my experience is that the behavior has been
> consistent for a long time ... so it probably wouldn't change any time soon.

This sounds very intriguing - any hints on how to do it? Will I need to make my own indextype? Can such an index be combined with other indexes on the table (eg. an index of type ctxsys.context)?

Thanks,

Morten

--
Morten Primdahl         Caput A/S       Tel +45 70 12 24 42
morten_at_caput.com        Nygade 6        Fax +45 70 11 24 42