Re: newbie question with cursors/dates

From: Andrew Velichko <andrew.velichko_at_globeinteractive.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 14:11:27 -0500

Hi!

Difference between 2 dates is returned in days. Each day contain 1440 minutes, so you need to multiply you difference just by this number:

select (sysdate - (sysdate-1/24))*1440 from dual; returns

60.0000000000000000000000000000000000001
minutes, which is correct.

Andrew Velichko
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Developer 2000 http://www.brainbench.com