Re: Setting ODBC user priveleges

From: Darryl <dfs_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:23:40 GMT

"Daniel A. Morgan" wrote....>

> When you connect to Oracle through ODBC you see the objects visible to the
 user
> that connected. What user do you connect with and what privileges does
 that user
> have?

I created a new user, then issued this command: GRANT CONNECT TO NEWUSER; When I log in as this user through ODBC, I can see all the PUBLIC and SYS objects.

> Try creating a user with no privilege other than CREATE SESSION and see if
 that
> limits your view of objects in other schemas. Then GRANT SELECT to that
 user on
> a single table in another schema and see if only that table becomes
visible.

I'll try it Monday.

> If not ... I'd like to hear what your experience is.

I'll let you know. Keep in mind I'm not an Oracle DBA - just a developer/analyst having to perform Junior DBA duties on this project.

Thanks,
Darryl Received on Sun Mar 11 2001 - 13:23:40 CST