Performance problem with pinned procedure

From: shmeld <dan_hayton_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:56:28 GMT

I am having a problem with performance when I call a stored procedure that is pinned in ORACLE memory. The first time I call, it may take minute to return, and after that, it takes a couple of seconds. If I don't access the procedure in 30-40 minutes, it takes 45-60 seconds again to return. My users aren't that patient.

I have been told that the explain plan has to be recreated after a period of time, due to "least-recently-used" algorithm taking the procedure out of the "active" list.

Is there a way to instruct ORACLE to not re-calculate anything, and assume the procedure is okay as is?

Thanks,
Dan Hayton Received on Sat Mar 10 2001 - 07:56:28 CST