post Installation oracle 8i on HP/UX 11

From: Harry Tedjo-putranto <noneharry_tedjo-putranto_at_compuware.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:03:16 -0500

Thank you all for the answer of my previous question - regarding how to set up the UNIX kernel for oracle install.

My oracle installation ran pretty smooth, only early bump with the special mount command to the cdrom. Other than that there is no major problem.

After the installation finished, I try to go $ORACLE_HOME but instead it will go to /home/oracle (where the .profile located) I put inside .profile
$ORACLE_BASE = /usr01/u01/oracle
$ORACLE_HOME = $ORACLE_BASE /product/816 , the same location I put in the
beginning of installation.
PATH=$PATH/$ORACLE_HOME/bin

One think that I remember when the installation asked me where do I want to specify the bin, I just press enter (pointed to /usr/local/bin)

Where do I need to start to make a correction ? Do I need to change the from /usr/local/bin to ORACLE_HOME/bin in the system (the on that I did during the installation) ? Will reinstall solve the problem by putting the correct oracle bin ?

Thanks

Harry Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 08:03:16 CST