Dynamic SQL

From: Fabio GRANDE <fabiog_at_fileita.it>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:49:45 +0100

Hi all !
I hope You'll be so kind to help me in building a part of a PL/SQL trigger.

While executing my trigger, I put into a variable the name of a field of a known table. This name is obtained from another select, so it's variable.

My problem is that I need to obtain the value of the field of the known table, that I will access with a known key.

I know that I must use dynamic SQL, but I really don't know how it works... will somebody post me an example ?????

Thanx in advance for Your co-operation....

Fabio GRANDE Received on Thu Mar 08 2001 - 04:49:45 CST