Re: PLS-00907: cannot load library unit

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 22:01:39 +0100

"Raamsdonk J. van" <J.van.Raamsdonk_at_centraal.boekhuis.nl> wrote in message news:78CC0C89B41DD311B8900000F6CB6A8E1508CD_at_srvexch1.centraal.boekhuis.nl...
> Hi all,
>
> I am migrating an Oracle DB from v7.3.4.4 to v8.1.6.2 on AIX4.3.3.
> Procedures and functions that use database links to a v7-database yield
> "PLS-00907: cannot load library unit" when I try to recompile them. With
> this are mentioned the objects that are supposed to be granted over the
> dblink (the "library units").
>
> Whatever I try to do (drop and remake the dblink, create new synonyms,
> grants on everything which is referenced in the invalid object), nothing
> works.
>
> Metalink has only a terse acknowledgement of this problem and offers a
> bogus solution ("Provide the needed library unit" - doh!).
>
> Anyone has experience with this?
> Tia,
>
> Jos van Raamsdonk (j.van.raamsdonk_at_nospam.centraal.boekhuis.nl)
> Centraal Boekhuis BV
> Netherlands.

I believe in many cases it is better not to use database links inside your pl/sql but instead create the whole procedure remotely and run it remotely. Shouldn't the problem disappear when you have upgraded all of your databases?

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Mar 07 2001 - 15:01:39 CST